There are all kinds of “awards” that go around the blogger community; the Leibster Award, the Sunshine Blogger Award, the Versatile Blogger award…
I’m not sure they should be called Awards because you haven’t actually won anything (I’ve been raised playing competitive sports where you’re aiming for a trophy) but I know that it’s nice to be recognised and have your blog put in front of a new audience.
Long story short, 9 to 5 Survivor nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award, and I have to admit, it is nice to be called out.
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Check, check, check and check, so here are the 11 questions I was asked.
Best book you ever read?
If you didn’t know already, I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd – I’ve just had the Deathly Hallows tattooed on my ankle. My favourite of the series is Half Blood Prince. You start to see who Snape is and he will always be one of my favourite characters.
How long have you been blogging?
Just over a year! Time flies, huh?
Blog goals for the next year?
Keep going, does that count? I’m actually struggling with the blog. I’m putting in so much effort and feel like I’m getting nothing in return – so why bother? I don’t know, I love my little corner of the internet so I doubt it’ll shut down any time soon.
Favourite achievements in life?
Being alive to this point is definitely an achievement for me. I went through a bad depressive period when I was 14 due to the death of my friend, and another in 2016 that I wasn’t sure I would get through. Getting to 26 is definitely an achievement for me!
Favourite places you travelled to?
I’m torn between Sydney and Paris. Paris is my favourite place in the whole world, my heart just feels happy there, but I lived in Sydney for 7 months. Living next to Bondi beach is something not everyone can say they’ve done, and I loved it entirely.
Top tips for a new blogger?
Don’t try and be somebody else. If you keep trying to write like the bloggers with thousands of followers, you’ll fall out of love with it. Always keep your voice, even if you think that no one is reading it.
If you could blog full time, would you?
I don’t think I would. I started writing because I missed it. I think I’d feel obligated to constantly create content and wouldn’t feel able to write what I want to write.
If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
I think I’d write a book that would help people find who they are in a world full of “Instagram Girls”. It’s hard to know who you are without be bombarded with make up tutorials and social media so I think the world needs a book that helps you find you.
What would be your dream job?
Oh my gosh, I’d have like 15 different jobs! I’d be coaching cheerleading with my own program, I’d be working with lingerie brands to expand internationally, I’d be working with taboo companies like Killing Kittens and organising their events…
Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
In 3 years, I’ll be nearly 30 so hopefully I’m doing something that I love, and I’m happier with who I am as a person.
Any hobbies other than blogging?
Apart from eating sweets? I’m really into podcasts at the moment, especially The Heart of It by Estee Lalonde and Serial Killers by Parcast. I’m also CRAZY about What She Said by Wanderluce and a lot of my time is spent listening to these.
So I have to nominate 11 people to do this… So I nominate:
I actually had to use google to find questions that I thought would be good. So here you go, enjoy!
- If you had unlimited money, what would you do first and why?
- If you could go forward 10 years, or backwards 10 years, which would you choose?
- What’s your favourite day: your birthday, Halloween or Christmas?
- What do you want to achieve on your blog?
- What’s the best way to start your day?
- What’s your favourite film?
- If you could have dinner with any celebrity, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What are your blogging goals for 2018?
- What do you find hardest about blogging?
- What song gets you pumped up?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Good luck! xo