I’m not one of those girls who wear a lot of makeup, I doubt you’ll see a photo of me with my head slightly tilted so you can see how my highlighter hits the light.
But I do have some basics in my makeup bag.
In My Makeup Bag
- Maybelline Babyskin Pore Eraser, £7.99
- MAC Foundation shade NC35, £29.00
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer shade NW35, £18.00
- Sleek Contour Kit, £9.99
- Sleek Eyebrow Pencil, £6.49
- MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter, £3.00
- Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Eye Liner, £2.99
- Benefit they’re real! Mascara, £19.50
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, £3.99
- Studio Angled Blush Brush, £4.99
- Wilko Blush Brush, £2.00
- Wilko Powder Brush, £3.00
As you can see, I don’t spend loads of loads of products. Firstly I don’t know what they’re for, secondly, I refuse to spend that much money on something that I’d be happy to remove at the end of the day.
First, I apply the primer, then the foundation, both with my fingers. I find that I can control it better with my fingers and don’t use as much product. I also apply concealer with my fingers – just a dab under the eyes and over any dark spots I want to hide.
Then a small amount of blusher and a sweep of highlighter above my cheekbones and down the middle of my nose. I only do this to add a bit of definition to my face and think it helps mask my wonky nose.
Then it’s eyebrows, eyeliner and mascara to finish.
Liquid foundation can get a bit shiny so I apply loads of the Rimmel Stay Matte to help prevent the shine happening too quickly. I’ll apply it when I need to throughout the day (which could be loads if my skin is feeling particularly oily!)
Tip: If you go into MAC, you can ask for a sample of foundation and they’ll give you a little pot of it. This means you can take your foundation everywhere!